This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Virtua Striker (バーチャストライカー) is an arcade football game developed by Sega AM2. Like Virtua Racing, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop and later Virtua Tennis, it is part of the Virtua series, and the first in the set of Virtua Striker games. Virtua Striker was released in 1995 for Sega Model 2B CRX hardware and is widely considered to be the first 3D football game ever to be released.
Unlike other games which contain the Virtua name, Virtua Striker was not ported to home consoles when it was new. It would not be made officially available to home users until nearly twenty years later, when an enhanced version was released for the Japanese PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade in early 2013.
- Programmer: Satoshi Mifune, Masaki Yamashita, Kentaro Fujita, Mika Aizawa, Yuji Hirukawa, Katsunori Itai, Tadanobu Numata
- Designer: Mika Kojima, Masahiro Sugiyama, Syuichi Sahara, Akira Morimoto, Hiroyuki Nakagomi
- Planner: Satoshi Mifune
- Planning Support: Akira Morimoto, Hiroyuki Nakagomi
- Sound Creator: Hideaki Miyamoto
- Producer: Satoshi Mifune
- F.C Sega
- Main article: Virtua Striker/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average
|Computer & Video Games (UK)
|| №166, p74/75
|Games World (UK)
|| №11, p85
| Based on|
- Virtua Striker on Xbox Marketplace: JP
- Virtua Striker on PlayStation.com: JP
- Virtua Striker on PlayStation Store: JP
- ↑ http://sega-interactive.co.jp/special/history/title/virtuastriker.html
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/jp0177npjb00320_00virtuastriker000.html (archived 2013-02-27 17:50)
- ↑ File:CVG UK 166.pdf, page 74