This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Puzzle & Action: Tant-R, often known just as Tant-R (タントアール or タントア～ル) is a Sega System C puzzle game developed and published by Sega. It is the first in Puzzle & Action series, and has subsequently been ported to the Sega Mega Drive and Sega Game Gear. Tant-R borrows its graphical style from Bonanza Bros., and is therefore often seen as a spin-off.
Though the arcade version of Tant-R reached South Korea and Europe (only Spain and Portugal can be confirmed so far, details of how it reached these two countries remain unclear), the Mega Drive version remained exclusive to Japan and no versions of the game have ever made it to North America or Europe.
Sequels and re-releases
The two were paired with the game's sequel, Puzzle & Action: Ichidant-R in volume 6 of the Sega Ages 2500 series for the PlayStation 2. Tant-R was also paired with Quiz Syukudai wo Wasuremashita for a compilation on the Sega Saturn. A spinoff Saturn game, Sega Ages Vol.1 Syukudai ga Tant-R, also made.
Game Gear version
Mega Drive Mini JP manual
- Main article: Puzzle & Action: Tant-R/Magazine articles.
System C version
|System C, JP
Mega Drive version
Game Gear version
ROM dump status
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sega Arcade History, Enterbrain, page 128
- ↑ File:TantR MD JP Box.jpg
- ↑ File:TantR GG JP Box Front.jpg
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-20 09:51)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 https://sega.jp/history/hard/gamegear/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2018-12-07 04:57)
- ↑ https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/02.html (Wayback Machine: 2018-03-05 23:11)
- ↑ http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_tantor/ (Wayback Machine: 2007-02-26 08:19)
- ↑ 1700 igr dlya Sega, "" (RU; 2003-xx-xx), page 243
- ↑ Beep! MegaDrive, "April 1994" (JP; 1994-03-08), page 20
- ↑ Hippon Super, "May 1994" (JP; 1994-04-03), page 51
- ↑ Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 85
- ↑ Beep! MegaDrive, "May 1994" (JP; 1994-04-08), page 20
- ↑ Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 88