This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator is a Star Trek-themed game developed and published by Interplay for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, later brought to the Sega 32X in a conversion developed by High Voltage Software and published by Sega due to Interplay's withdrawing from the 32X market.
The game has the user complete the combat element of Starfleet training, where he/she must fight a variety of monsters and enemies while conducting services and repairs on his/her ship.
Starship Bridge Simulator on the 32X is a complete upgrade over its Super NES counterpart, with higher resolution visuals, a wider use of colour and improved sound. The 3D visuals are also more detailed, though both versions operate at a noticeably low frame rate.
Source: In-game credits
- Exec. Producer: Alan Pavlish
- Producer: William Church
- QA Director: Jeremy Barnes
- QA Asst. Director: Dave Simon
- Lead Tester: Dan Forsyth
- Asst. Tester: Jason Coggeshall
High Voltage Software
- Producer: Kerry J. Ganofsky
- Lead Programmer: Jerome Karaganis
- Asst. Programmer: Robert Sitton
- Artists: Damion Davis, Cary Penczek, Pete McLennon
- 3D Models: Jerome Karaganis
Source: US manual
- Producers: Roberi Sitton, Damion Davis, Cary Penczek, Pete McLennon, Jerome Kavaganis
- Programmer: Darryl Dion Hawkins
- 3D Modeling: Darryl Dion Hawkins
- Original Scenario Design: Scott Bennie
- Additional Design: Scott Everts & Jeremy Barnes
- Scenarios Designed by: Darryl Dion Hawkins
- Sound Effects & Music: Ken Allen
- Manual written by: Zina Powers
- Manual Designed by: Uleises Gerardo, Richard Verdoni
- Director: Jeremy Barnes
- Lead Tester: Larry Smith
- Sega Special Thanks To: Steve Ackrich, Joy Sneer, Jane Chaney, J. Tony Smith, Brian Paw, Steve Goodale, Jeff Gregg, Earl Malit, Curtis Clarkson
- Main article: Star Trek: Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator/Magazine articles.
ROM dump status
- Sega of America webpage: 32X