Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer
From Sega Retro
|Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive, Virtual Console|
|Developer: NCS M2|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer, commonly known as Gleylancer (グレイランサー), is a Sega Mega Drive shoot-'em-up game developed by NCS and published by Masaya. Originally released in Japan in July 1992, it was later ported to the Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console in 2008 by developer M2, and received a reprint in June 2019 by publisher Columbus Circle.
The name "Gley Lancer" is a misromanization of "grey lancer".
Lucia is the 16-year-old daughter of a fighter pilot who disappears while fighting a war between humans and aliens in 2025. He was captured by aliens whom he had captured earlier who had the ability to teleport. Lucia hijacks the prototype fighter CSH-01-XA "Gley Lancer" to save him.
The Gley Lancer is a standalone ship that can only shoot straight ahead by pressing (which can be held down for rapidfire) and change its speed with . However, up to two Mover sub-ships can be attached to the main ship and fire in any direction with the main ship. Before starting a game, the player is given a choice of how to maneuver Movers around the ship and aim them; the button performs some related action which is detailed in the selection screen.
In 2006, the game received an English translation by fan translation group M.I.J.E.T.
The game received a reprint in June 2019 by publisher Columbus Circle. Limited to 2500 copies, it features new cover art by the game's original illustrator, Hiroshi Aizawa.
- Producer: Toshiro Tsuchida
- Planning: Hikaru Sato
- Program: Yukihiro Higuchi
- Scroll: Eiji Koyama
- Object: Hiroshi Hayashi
- Music / Sound Effects: Cube, Yoshiaki Kubodera, Masanori Hikichi, Isao Mizoguchi, Noriyuki Iwadare
- Creator: Kaichi Satou
- Character Design: Hiroshi Aizawa
- Original Art / Animation: Hitoshi Kamata
- Visual Graphics: Masanori Sakurai, Hiroshi Hayashi
- Business Promotion: Masaki Uchida, Jun Mimura, Yasuaki Yokoe, Kyoko Katagiri
- Sales Promotion: Akio Matsuda, Norihiko Yonesaka, Kazuhiro Matsuda
- P.R.: Takashi Kikuchi, Hideo Iwasaki
- Cooperation: Manabu Takasugi, Tetsuya Ohya, Masayuki Iwamoto, Hideo Suzuki, Takayuki Jingu
- Executive Producer: Yasumasa Shirakura
- Gleylancer Produced by: Nippon Computer Systems Co. Ltd.
- Main article: Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer/Magazine articles.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Sega of Japan Virtual Console pages: Mega Drive
- Nintendo catalogue pages: US, UK, AU
- Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer on ColumbusCircle.co.jp
- Sega of Japan Project Egg pages: Mega Drive
- English translation patch by M.I.J.E.T. at Minimalist Jettison
- Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer Japanese to English manual translation at www.vgcomplete.com
- File:ABGleylancer MD JP Box.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software_l.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-02 23:21)
- https://www.amazon.co.jp/MD-MD%E4%BA%92%E6%8F%9B%E6%A9%9F%E7%94%A8-%E3%82%B0%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B5%E3%83%BC/dp/B07QGYLB73 (Wayback Machine: 2019-08-07 09:36)
- https://www.amazon.co.jp/MD-MD互換機用-グレイランサー-【Amazon-co-jp限定】オリジナルPC-スマホ壁紙/dp/B07QJ43FDV (Wayback Machine: 2020-04-30 01:13)
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/06.html (Wayback Machine: 2018-03-05 22:42)
- http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_gleylancer/ (Wayback Machine: 2008-02-27 13:34)
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/s8XeXVeUuiMuHl_8qG7VhxW4VwHw-jC- (Wayback Machine: 2010-11-23 00:51)
- http://www.nintendolife.com:80/reviews/2008/05/gley_lancer_virtual_console (Wayback Machine: 2017-07-01 19:46)
- https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Virtual-Console-Wii-/Gley-Lancer--277479.html (archive.today)
- http://www.nintendo.com.au/index.php?action=catalogue&prodcat_id=41&prod_id=19746&pageID=4 (Wayback Machine: 2012-04-03 01:44)
- 1700 igr dlya Sega, "" (RU; 2003-xx-xx), page 127
- 1700 igr dlya Sega, "" (RU; 2003-xx-xx), page 132
- Beep! MegaDrive, "August 1992" (JP; 1992-07-08), page 26
- Consoles +, "Juillet/Août 1992" (FR; 1992-0x-xx), page 58
- Mean Machines: The Essential Sega Guide, "" (UK; 1993-11-18), page 55
- Game Mania, "May 1993" (UK; 1993-xx-xx), page 80
- Hippon Super, "August 1992" (JP; 1992-07-04), page 38
- Joypad, "Septembre 1992" (FR; 1992-0x-xx), page 48
- Joystick, "Septembre 1992" (FR; 1992-0x-xx), page 178
- Sega Mega Drive Advanced Gaming, "October 1992" (UK; 1992-xx-xx), page 32
- Sega Mega Drive Advanced Gaming, "January 1993" (UK; 199x-xx-xx), page 92
- Mega Drive Fan, "October 1992" (JP; 1992-09-XX), page 67
- Mega, "November 1992" (UK; 1992-10-15), page 57
- Mega Fun, "08/92" (DE; 1992-08-18), page 18
- MegaTech, "November 1992" (UK; 1992-10-20), page 56
- Mean Machines Sega, "November 1992" (UK; 1992-10-xx), page 102
- Sega Power, "November 1992" (UK; 1992-10-01), page 42
- Sega Pro, "October 1992" (UK; 1992-09-10), page 36
- Sega Pro, "April 1993" (UK; 1993-03-11), page 66
- Sega Force, "October 1992" (UK; 1992-09-10), page 52
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 85
- Supergame, "Outubro 1992" (BR; 1992-10-xx), page 14
- Tricks 16 bit, "Tricks Sega Gold 800 igr" (RU; 1998-xx-xx), page 83
- Video Games, "9/92" (DE; 1992-08-26), page 56
|Advanced Busterhawk Gley Lancer|