Welcome to Sega Retro, a project from the people behind Sonic Retro. We aim to cover everything possible about Sega from the 1940s to today. We currently are working on 30,654 articles and have many more that are requested to be worked on.
While this wiki is designed to help the community by providing information, it is also dependent on the community to be updated. Anyone with an account may edit the wiki. As you feel more comfortable with the site, please feel free to make any changes or additions that you feel necessary.
List of abbreviations:
- This edit created a new page (also see list of new pages)
- This is a minor edit
- This edit was performed by a bot
- The page size changed by this number of bytes
3 October 2022
We have more than 7,500 Sega games
documented, from the slot machines of old to the cutting-edge titles of today. Every known release from every region of the world, both licensed and unlicensed
, for computers
, consoles, handhelds
and everything in between.
, covers, manuals, media and promotional material
, as well as internal documents you were never meant to see
; Sega Retro has a huge library of high quality scans dating back to 1945
and the database grows every day.
Audio and video
Hundreds of singles and albums, audiobooks, television broadcasts and even a few stage shows, not to mention the company's fondness for karaoke and its two house bands.
Including people, companies, history, toys, merchandise, secrets, venues, events, technical information, interviews... and the anthem.
On this day, October 3...
October 3 (
- 1994 - Totally Unauthorized Sega Games Guide, a book, is released in North America.
- 1995 - Virtua Fighter Special Training Pack, a VHS, is released alongside Off-World Interceptor Extreme for the Sega Saturn in North America.
- 1996 - Virtua Fighter Kids is released for the Sega Saturn alongside Sonic the Hedgehog CD for Windows PCs in Europe.
- 1997 - Söldnerschild Official Guide, a book, is released in Japan.
- 1998 - Sakura Taisen 2 Tettei Kouryaku Guide, a book, is released in Japan.
- 1999 - Black/Matrix Advanced Koushiki Guide, a book, is released in Japan.
- 2000 - Official Dreamcast Magazine demo disc is released for the Sega Dreamcast in North America. Urban Chaos is released for the Sega Dreamcast in France. Plasma Sword: Nightmare of Bilstein is released for the Sega Dreamcast in Australia.
- 2008 - Earthworm Jim and Shining Force II are released for the Wii Virtual Console in Europe.
- 2012 - Live!, a CD, is released alongside Ollie King Original Soundtrack for the Mora streaming platform in Japan. Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit is released for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Japan, Europe, and Australia and for Steam in North America, Europe, and Australia. NiGHTS into Dreams and Sonic Adventure 2 are released for the PlayStation 3 in Europe and Australia alongside Dead or Alive 5 being made available for digital download on the PlayStation Store in Europe and Australia.
- 2013 - The Cave is released for iOS in Japan, North America, Europe, and Australia. Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure is made available for digital download on the Nintendo eShop in North America and Europe.
- 2014 - Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is released for the Nintendo 3DS in North America and Europe.
Released on this day
- 1994: Totally Unauthorized Sega Games Guide (Book, US)
- 1995: Off-World Interceptor Extreme (Saturn, US)
- 1995: Virtua Fighter Special Training Pack (VHS, US)
- 1996: Virtua Fighter Kids (Saturn, EU)
- 1996: Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Windows PC, EU)
- 1997: Söldnerschild Official Guide (Book, JP)
- 1998: Sakura Taisen 2 Tettei Kouryaku Guide (Book, JP)
- 1999: Black/Matrix Advanced Koushiki Guide (Book, JP)
- 2000: Plasma Sword: Nightmare of Bilstein (Dreamcast, AU)
- 2000: Urban Chaos (Dreamcast, FR)
- 2000: Official Dreamcast Magazine demo disc (Dreamcast, US)
- 2008: Earthworm Jim, Shining Force II (Virtual Console, EU)
- 2012: Live! (CD, JP)
- 2012: Ollie King Original Soundtrack (Mora, JP)
- 2012: Dead or Alive 5, NiGHTS into Dreams, Sonic Adventure 2 (PlayStation 3, EU)
- 2012: Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (Steam, US)
- 2013: Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (Nintendo 3DS, US)
- 2013: Unmei no Doukutsu: The Cave (iOS, JP)
- 2014: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo 3DS, US)
You can become a part of the Sega Retro community in several different ways:
- Sign up for a Sega Retro account and become part of our group of editors (If you have a Sonic Retro account please use the same username for your account here)
- We have lots of game pages that are in desperate need of more information. If you know your way around some of these games, help us out by telling us how to play or what to expect. We also have many pages that still need to be made.
- We are always on the lookout for high quality, unmarked, genuine game media scans. If you notice a poor quality or missing scan of a game you have, please help by making a scan and replacing the bad one.
- Log on to Discord and join #sega, our dedicated channel
- From another country or speak another language? Help us by providing otherwise difficult-to-get information about Sega in mainland Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America, or by translating texts.
- Short on ideas? Visit the "to do" page
The Sonic the Hedgehog resource second only to Sega.
Documenting Sega history from the 1940s to present day.
The higher energy computer and video game site for NEC.
Press, pics, and the proving ground for what's next.