From Sega Retro
|System(s): VIC Dual, SG-1000|
|Publisher: Sega Sega/Gremlin (US)|
|Developer: Sega Compile|
|Number of players: 1|
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Borderline was ported to the SG-1000 in 1983, and has also been released as part of the Sega Ages 2500 series in Japan. The second gameplay section was also recycled for the Atari 2600 release of Thunderground, though instead of driving a jeep the player controls a tank.
It was an early vertical-scrolling run-and-gun shooter, predating games like Taito's Front Line (1982) and Capcom's Commando (1985). It was also an early digging game, predating titles like Namco's Dig Dug (1982) and The Pit (1982).
Violently dash into the enemy zone by freely maneuvering the red jeep! Throughout the first to the fourth scenes, continue to advance in an effort to destroy the enemy fortresses and headquarters by avoiding attacks from the enemy's tanks, armored motorcars, airplanes and missiles. Begin your invasion into the next scene after destroying all of the fortresses of the present scene you are engaged in battle in.
When you completely destroy the headquarters in the final 4th scene, the strategic jeep operation that you launched results in a smashing victory for you.
— EU SG-1000 box backcover 
- Main article: Borderline/Magazine articles.
VIC Dual version
|VIC Dual, JP|
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/sc3000/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-09-28 02:34)
- Sega Arcade History, Enterbrain, page 48
- Game Machine, "1985-07-15" (JP; 1985-07-15), page 9
- Tilt, "Mai 1984" (FR; 1984-xx-xx), page 34
- File:Borderline SG-1000 EU Back.jpg
- L'Ordinateur_Individuel, "Juillet 1984" (FR; 1984-07-xx), page 120
- Tilt, "Mai 1984" (FR; 1984-xx-xx), page 33
- Tilt, "Novembre/Décembre 1984" (FR; 1984-xx-xx), page 56