Hokuto no Ken: Shin Seikimatsu Kyuuseishu Densetsu
From Sega Retro
|Hokuto no Ken: Shin Seikimatsu Kyuuseishu Densetsu|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive, Virtual Console|
|Developer: Sega R&D 2 M2|
|Licensor: Buronson, Shueisha, Fuji TV, Tetsuo Hara, Toei Animation|
|Number of players: 1|
This short article is in need of work. You can help Sega Retro by adding to it.
Hokuto no Ken: Shin Seikimatsu Kyuuseishu Densetsu (北斗の拳 新世紀末救世主伝説 "Fist of the North Star: Legend of the New Century Savior") is an action game developed by Sega for the Sega Mega Drive. It is based on the Japanese manga series Hokuto no Ken as well as a sequel to Hokuto no Ken. It was reskinned and released in some other countries as Last Battle.
Hokuto no Ken: Shin Seikimatsu Kyuuseishu Densetsu is a side-scrolling action game, where players control Kenshiro across a set of levels punching and kicking enemies. On the Mega Drive, jumps, punches and kicks. Usually the objective is to walk to the right and hit enemies before they hit you, similarly to its predecessor Hokuto no Ken.
Levels are presented in a non-linear order.
The game was poorly received due to the frustating controls, confuse map and lack of explanation of the plot in the dialogues.
|Sega Retro Average|
ROM dump status
- Sega of Japan Virtual Console pages: Mega Drive
- File:LastBattle MD JP Box.jpg
- https://sega.jp/history/hard/megadrive/software.html (Wayback Machine: 2020-07-20 09:51)
- https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/vc/software/08.html (Wayback Machine: 2018-03-06 23:35)
- http://vc.sega.jp:80/vc_hokuto2/ (Wayback Machine: 2008-09-12 04:29)
- 1700 igr dlya Sega, "" (RU; 2003-03-10), page 119
- Beep! MegaDrive, "February 1990" (JP; 1990-01-08), page 72
- Famitsu, "" (JP; 1989-xx-xx), page 1
- Mega Drive Fan, "November 1989" (JP; 1989-10-07), page 49
- Sega Saturn Magazine, "September 1995" (JP; 1995-08-08), page 87