From Sega Retro
|System(s): Sega Dreamcast|
|Supporting companies: Wave Master (audio)|
|Peripherals supported: Dreamcast Keyboard, Dreamcast Microphone, Dreamcast Modem, Visual Memory Unit, Dreamcast VGA Box|
|Number of players: 2-32|
|Official in-game languages: |
This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help us by expanding it.
Planet Ring is a Sega Dreamcast game released in 2000. The game was only available in Europe.
The disc was distributed for free in the United Kingdom through the Official Dreamcast Magazine and was one of the few games released in PAL regions to support the Dreamcast Microphone as well as the Dreamcast Keyboard.
It was one of the first video games to require the user to be connected to the internet at all times, as it contains four online minigames to help promote the Dreamcast's internet features. Up to 32 players could compete in online events, The game was brought back online in 2014 and has also had the voice chat function brought back.
- Main article: Planet Ring/Magazine articles.
- Game programmer: Takuya Matsumoto
- Character designer: Shigeru Okada
- Sound designer: Mariko Nanba (Wave Master)
- Motion/Map designer: Kazuyoshi Hara
- Dogs trainer: Takashi Ando
- Dreamcall programmer: Hideki Kudo
- Special thanks: Innomedia Inc.
- Coordinator: Shinobu Hamada
- Exective driver: Masaharu Yoshii
- Producer: Siro Hagiwara
- Presented by: SEGA Enterprises,2000
- Main article: Planet Ring/Technical information.
ROM dump status
- Official Dreamcast Magazine, "December 2000" (UK; 2000-11-02), page 6
- Dreamcast Magazine, "No. 18" (UK; 2001-01-25), page 19