From Sega Retro
Division of Sega of Japan
← Sega AM2
Sega Consumer Research and Development Dept. #4 (Sega CS4) was a video game research and development division within Sega. It was established in 1994 alongside Sega CS5 to deal with a growing number of home consoles to develop for, with Sega CS3 and CS4's focus going towards Mega Drive and 32X. Its producer was Koichi Nagata.
Several members of CS4, including Nagata, had shortly before worked on the Mega Drive port of Virtua Racing, being Sega AM2 staff that had only a few years before still been working on Mega Drive games under CS departments. These developers would be part of another CS4 in the late 90's, which became Sega Software R&D Dept. 9 and United Game Artists.
- J.League Pro Striker 2 (1994)
List of staff
- Harmony, "1994 5-6" (JP; 1994-05-23), page 12
- https://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/190909a/2 (Wayback Machine: 2023-06-20 15:39)
- https://www.mirai-idea.jp/post/segasaturn01 (Wayback Machine: 2023-08-19 07:30)
- Harmony, "1994 5-6" (JP; 1994-05-23), page 15
- http://sega.jp/community/creators/vol_30/1.html (Wayback Machine: 2006-03-26 23:55)
|Timeline of Sega of Japan research and development divisions|